ideas for 02-03 upgrade that
were dropped from the plan
basic measurements at
- what is SPARO f/# and can it be measured?
- review chopper gain - what is it for ACBAR and is this
consistent with '01 tests. well, maybe its because we have
the chopper at a different place than ACBAR does
- build ballast?
- permanent or temporary?
- see "sketches and dimensions" folder
- can we use valve for p-pot similar to valves on He-3, only bigger?
- do they exist?
- ask J. Ruhl or do our own cold tests
- protection against fill tube leaking during cooling
- airtight cap or apply more RTV?
- could this make it worse by masking a leak?
mount: ease of
- ...make cart like ACBAR's that rotates SPARO to eliminate hand
- basic ruggedizing:
- encase dewar in cage so doesn't break while installing
- saw off obstruction? check with Jeff?
- use parts from Corona mount to add adjustability to SPARO mount, so
as to allow for better optical alignment
- thermal isolation desirable for heating of entire dewar?
mount: elec insulation and grounding
- apparently not essential; but should allow for this possibility in future?
- temp control for preamps? (schmitt trigger from Hor. & Hill)
- emergency heat for preamps? (other stuff too?)
- monitor preamp temp? reluctance of AD590
- not critical if we can turn off heat via Timbuktu, but good to have
- covers for connectors when not in use
- organize photos
- 24 V, 5 V fixed power supplies to replace variable ones.
- use linear
- a new box - have Kevin build?
- preamp gain - 10 MA for each channel
- 24 V: 5 mA for both
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Last updated Oct 1, 2002.