SPARO Data Analysis References
Just a little list of recommended reading to get some background
information on polarimetry data reduction.
- Platt et al 1991, "100 micron Array Polarimetry from the Kuiper
Airborne Observatory: Instrumentation, Techniques, and First Results",
PASP, 103, 1193 - 1210.
- definition of polarization signal
- definition of alpha, gamma, chi and assorted angles
- discussion of observing strategy to obtain instrumental sources
- a brief review of stokes parameters
- Dowell et al 1998, "Submillimeter Array Polarimetry with Hertz",
submitted to ApJ.
- discussion of how to analyze polarimetry data to account for
correlated sky noise
- derivation of the relative gain matrix
- sources of systematic errors
- Schleuning et al 1997, "Hertz, a Submillimeter Polarimeter",
PASP, 109, 307 - 318
- discussion of systematic effects
- formalism to estimate systematic effect due to flux in the
- Novak et al 1997, "Polarized Far-Infrared Emission from the Core and
the Envelope of the Sagittarius B2 Molecular Cloud", ApJ, 487,
- formalism to estimate systematic effects due to flux in the
- Bevington, 1969, "Data Reduction and Error Analysis for the Physical
- Taylor, 1982, "An Introduction to Error Analysis"
Last updated March 2, 1998. Contact email@example.com